Tramway Links from Tramway Information
Here are a selection of links to other tramway websites, which readers may find of interest.
General Tramway Links
Bildarchiv der Kunst und Architektur. The German photo archive of art and architecture includes historic street scenes with trams. The example here shows the Lindentunnel on tram route 35 in Berlin in 1934. Go to "Orte" and you get an alphabetical index of place names.
- British Pathe website allows the download of sample film clips from their news archive. Use their search to find trams and model trams.
- The Electric Railway Society has tramway connections.
- Electric Transport in Latin America is a website from Allen Morrison.
- gleisplanweb.de is a German language website with route maps of tramway systems, mostly in Germany but with a few others.
- Light Rail Atlas (LRA) is based in Netherlands. LRA provides maps of Light Rail systems around the world.
- Local Transport Histories from Peter Gould covers many British tramway systems.
- railfocus.de from Wolfgang Wellige has a nice selection of tram pictures.
- Tramways of Asia is a site which contains information on many Asian countries.
- Colour-Rail has a number of tram photos.
- Train Photos has a library of photographs of railways, but some trams are included..
- Trainnet.org although mainly railway, has a massive directory of links.
- Tra.ms is the front page for several tramway websites.
- Transportation History: The Trolley, Tram and Streetcar. Contains useful onward links. (URL provided by Hannah Hayes)
UK Tramway Links
Overseas Tramway Links by Country
- Buenos Aires, the heritage line of Asociación Amigos del Tranvía.
- Córdoba, the Asociación Amigos del Tranvía de Córdoba.
- The Belgian tram magazine TRAM
2000 has a Website in French and updated monthly.
Fédération des Amis des Chemins de Fer Secondaires
has a Website in French on 40 years of Belgian tramways from
1957-1997 by Raymond Duquenne.
- Skjoldenaesholm is Denmark's tram museum. The website has an English language section.
- Trams and Tramways from Arne Melby Pedersen covers Denmark and elsewhere and has an English section.
- Döbeln horse tram museum.
- Wuppertal Schwebebahn has information on this unusual transport method together with the local transport, the BMB museum and a model tram section.
- De digitale tram. Views and videos of trams, mostly Dutch.
- Tramweg Stichting. The unofficial website for Tramweg Stichting (TS), the Dutch tramway preservation society.
- Bilbao : Some details of the new tramway.
- Catalonia : The Assotram website describes the tramways and trolleybuses of Catalonia plus a full list of Spanish systems.
- Stockholm : The SweTramway website describes the Swedish Tramway Society and the Stockholm Tramway.
- Bern : Details of the Bern Steam Tram and timetable of its outings.
- Basel : Tram Oldtimer Basel from Thomas Meyer gives a good overview of the system.
- Neuchâtel : ANAT. The website of the Association Neuchâteloise des Amis de Tramways, who are the museum group for Neuchâtel
- Zug : Stadtbahn
project information archive.
Stadtarchiv Schaffhausen contains some tram photos. Go to "Bilder zur Geschichte" to get an index of street names such as "Bahnhofstrasse" as shown here.
United States of America
- Philadelphia's SEPTA
transit system: - trolleys, subways, elevated railways, trackless
trolleys and heavy-rail commuter trains.
- A brief history of New York
Thanks to Bob Appleton and Brian Robinson for their contributions to this page.
Return to Links and Webrings
© Copyright John R. Prentice Software 2018