Mark Hughes Trams
Mark Hughes manufactures and supplies a small range of high quality items which are useful in OO gauge tramway modelling. He also has a wide range of bus and coach kits.
Manx Electric Railway Winter Saloon 21 in 1960s livery, made by John Prentice using a Mark Hughes kit.
Tramcar Models in OO gauge
A small range of high quality tramcar body kits is produced:
- Blackpool 761 modern single door OMO double deck tramcar. Construction is etched brass and white metal body kit plus bogie sides, excludes pantograph.
- Manchester Metrolink articulated tram. Resin moulded body kit. Motor bogie sides are included (takes 1 Tenshodo WB26), excludes pantograph. This kit can also be ordered with unpowered bogies as kit T2UP.
- Manx Electric Winter Saloon. White metal and etched brass body kit. All parts except wheels are included for an unpowered model.
- Blackpool 762 modern two door double deck tramcar. Construction is etched brass and white metal body kit plus bogie sides, excludes pantograph.
- Aberdeen Bogie Streamliner double deck tramcar. Construction is one piece resin moulded body.
- Aberdeen Standard double deck tramcar. Pewter kit. (for East Lancs Model Tramway Supplies)
Mark Hughes manufactures and supplies a range of mainly whitemetal and etched brass British tramcar spare parts in OO gauge including:
- Etched brass tramway overhead fittings - ears, pull-offs, frogs etc.
- Passenger shelters in etched brass and whitemetal based on Cleveleys, Fleetwood and Portsmouth.
- Etched brass tram pinch road sign, queue barriers, low iron fence, and cast concrete fence and gates (both from Little Bispham), cast balustrade, pedestrian/cattle grids for the end of reserved track.
- Etched brass dog gates (Gateshead and Manchester), LUT understairs panel, Blackpool bumpers and lifeguards, platform bulkhead window bars for older trams, etc.
There is also a limited number of parts available for 7mm scale.
Contacting Mark Hughes
Mark Hughes operates "Mail Order" only and does not operate a shop or have facilities for visitors. Please contact the Mark Hughes mail order service at:
- Mr. Mark Hughes,
- 23 Orchard Rise,
- Gloucester, GL19 3AT,
- Mark Hughes Website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An illustrated catalogue and price list is available for £1.00 plus a 9" x 4" stamped addressed envelope in the U.K. or for 5 International Reply Coupons for overseas customers. Please make cheques payable to H. M. Hughes.
Reload Home if you linked directly to this page
© Copyright John R. Prentice Software 2012